Friday, February 16, 2007

NO LONGER A POLISH PRINCESS?

Sent our request to our boss today for the new contract. She wrote back that she doesn't think that she can give us as much as we're asking. I don't know how this is all going to pan out. We worked it out and the minimal asking that I think we should, or could, settle on, is 2100 zl a month. We asked for 2500. I don't think that with our master's program almost finished, and her knowledge that we're good teachers and our student's enjoy our classes, that that's too much to ask. But we'll see. It's possible that I may have to change the name of this website in the next week or so. That would be crazy. And I'm really upset because as much as I don't like the school sometimes, I really don't want to have to pick up and leave now. And although I'm not a fan of all my ILS classes, I LOVE my classes in Kluczbork and am trying to figure out if it might be possible to keep them if I leave ILS (even though I'm sure they have some kind of contract with ILS). There's a job in Opole, at another school, and it's possible that if I went there, I might be able to keep my classes in Kluczbork if I talked to the director there. But then again, that would be crazy 'cause that school is offering less than what we're asking for. I'll find out soon enough how it all pans out.

No comments: