Monday, February 19, 2007

I CANNOT SEE CLEARLY NOW, THE RAIN'S STILL HERE

Okay. Not looking so good. We've had our meeting with Gosia boss and she offered 1800. She told us she would stop at that and although I was unprepared to do so, I handed in my resignation with Carrie. At that point, she seemed to get a little nervous. She broke out her calculator and started pulling out numbers and basically trapped herself; we should be getting around 2100 with what she worked out. Uh-oh. So then she said she had to figure it out with us not getting the bonus since we didn't finish out the contract. So she started punching numbers in and got nervous and asked if we could meet in a few minutes after she worked it out herself. Carrie's pretty sure she's calling our director to complain about us putting in a resignation and leaving her in the middle of the year. I tried to explain to her that we're not trying to exploit or take advantage of her but that we believe we should be compensated accordingly. I pulled out the contract that I had showing that she pays for flights to and from England, twice, and she claims that this is the contract for the British teachers as they don't have to pay for the visa. I explained that I paid for my visa in the states. She came back claiming that the work certificate cost 1000 zloty. I highly doubt it. So now we're basically waiting for her to come back with another figure and we'll see where to go from there. I really don't feel like picking up and moving but I'll feel silly if I accept something that isn't what I deserve.

No comments: