Tuesday, February 20, 2007

FRUSTRATION AND A BEER FESTIVAL

I have been working on this computer for a half hour and I finally got the internet working again. Having to try and understand the logistics of an internet hook-up is difficult enough in itself; trying to do it when the hard drive is in Polish is a whole other ballgame.

Handed in my signed and renegotiated contract at the school today. I settled a little less than what I was hoping for but she brought my hours down so that anything over 24 is overtime. That will help. I just wasn't ready to pack all my stuff up and find another place to live for only 3 months. It really would have been a hassle. So I'm getting a discount on my tuition, but not really (long story) and will have a little more money for my monthly salary. Plus, I have a steady private student that I teach now so that should help as well. I'm hoping to save a couple hundred zloty to go to the Heineken festival in late June/early July. Beastie Boys, Bjork, Sonic Youth and The Roots. Oh, and camping-it's a two day festival. Oh, and getting to see northern Poland which I haven't done yet!

No comments: