Wednesday, February 21, 2007

DON'T TALK TO THE HAND

Quickly jumping on before the internet decides not to work again.

Yesterday, I walked halfway home and realized I made copies to plan my lesson, but for the wrong class. I was just so exhausted from walking the same route, I took the bus home. Today, I did my normal half hour walk to school, then went to the main grocery center, a twenty minute walk in the opposite direction from home, and then attempted to find my way home from that - walking around Opole for a good 45 minutes. But it was fabulous. I was just doing my thing. Then I went and bought a bus ticket for later (successfully), bought yarn to make a blanket for my Kluczbork students that are pregnant with their first child (successfully!) and then said "good morning" and carried on a coherent (although quick) conversation with the gypsies standing in the entranceway to my flat (successfully). I'm so excited! I had three successful Polish conversations (okay...not conversations, more like transactions that I understood) within a 10 minute timespan; I feel so accomplished!

No comments: