Thursday, February 15, 2007

HAIRS CUT

Whew! Just left the hair salon and I'm okay. It worked out. I woke up just 15 minutes before my appointment (talking to Lindsey till 2 am will do that) but luckily, the salon is just down the street. When I first got there, it was just the hairdresser and another young woman. By the time I left, there was 3 hairdressers, 3 gentleman, and probably about 4 ladies. I'm pretty sure they all knew I didn't speak Polish and they were all so nice. The one guy getting his haircut next to me pulled out an English word and said, "beautiful!" with a big smile on his face. I answered with the minimal Polish I know, "dziekuje bardzo!" (thank you very much) which made everyone go "whooo!" and then laugh. Too fun. It was nice. Granted, I think the language barrier prevented me from paying a price I would have been more comfortable with (I went in thinking around 40 zl and walked out paying 110) but it's okay. She was a really sweet woman and did what she could to save this wretched 'do of mine. She didn't trim the dead part but she alluded that the chunk that is horribly dead was fine now (she put some great smelling conditioner concoction in and let me sit for a while). I'm letting it be now and not showering but am a little nervous that the first time I'll get to "play" with it is tomorrow morning at 5am. She put some kind of coloring in that she didn't wash and I'm afraid I should let it sit. So now I'm off to teach my class with little clips of my hair on my face and no shower.

No comments: