Monday, January 01, 2007

GIVE ME WHAT YOU GOT, 2007

Some guy standing on the lamposts to get a better look at the stage. Probably drunk.



Firework display at midnight.

Dancers on stage.

New Year's Eve is different here in Poland. It's "reservation only" in all the bars (even the crappy ones) and a lot of people actually dress up. Very cool. Would've been cooler if I could have participated but my New Year's Eve ended up great. I slipped into my pink long johns and headed out to Wroclaw; a nearby city that was supposed to have the "biggest party in Poland". They had a huge outdoor concert with famous singers (that I of course, didn't know) and comedians from Poland. I did actually recognize a few songs from the radio station here so that was cool. After the countdown (which I successfully did in Polish!), they had a nice firework display and then I was blessed to have some guy spraying champagne over my area of the crowd. All in all, I'm feeling fairly optimistic about 2007 - Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to use your fireworks pic for my wallpaper on my computer. Looks like you had a nice Christmas in Krakow-I'm glad. It sounds really nice there!
lumu
m