Monday, January 15, 2007

EXHAUSTED

this is my second time walking around the kinoplex (cinema in opole) trying to find the store that sells paper to cover a package i want to send home. it sounds like such a simple task but when you walk out of your way for a specific reason and are unable to get what you need, twice, it's extremely frustrating.

yesterday my roommate and i watched a drunk kid across the street. turns out he was laying in the parking lot when some people saw him and helped him up. then, we watched him proceed to light a cigarette and try to smoke it as he literally swayed around the parking lot until he fell, again.

have one class taken away on mondays. i shared it with a veteran polish teacher who it seems has quit after 15 years. where in america, this might begin to tell the administration something (my roommate has put in his notice as well), here they just seem to accept it. they don't think to look within and see if they can solve the problem. i've been thinking of using the opportunity to complain about my wednesday class and see if i can't get something done about it but i'm afraid i'll somehow trade bad for worse. the thing that really stinks is that i dont have a ten minute break between my okay class and my horrible class so i have no time to mentally prepare for the switch. especially since that's my most difficult class.

i've been daydreaming again, as i do so well. thinking about what i want to do when i go back home. as i knew but wanted to ignore, learning spanish would be extremely beneficial for me. i have to figure out what i'm going to do next year. if i stay in poland, i might have to go another year in tefl and teach down in mexico. but i really miss my family and friends so i guess i have some thinking to do.

No comments: