Thursday, January 18, 2007

SICK AND TIRED

Well, if I accidentally wrote anything nice about the school and how they handled my being sick yesterday - it was just that, an accident.

Went in today and was told that they didn't know anything about my being sick yesterday. Seems my director of studies thinks that when you call in sick, it only means for the first part of the day; if you're going to continue being sick, you need to call someone else at 10am. So yes, today when I went in and decided to stop off at the office to apologize for the "miscommunication", I was once again given looks as though I'm an insensitive, idiot jerk. I think I'm realizing that you don't apologize for inconvenience in this culture; doing so implies that you believe you actually did something wrong and thus need to be reprimanded.

Getting ready to head off to Krakow next weekend before going to Nowy Sacz for school. Very excited to see everyone and hoping it will be a breath of fresh English-speaking air. It will probably be a decent amount of work but I'm hoping it won't impede my catching up with friends.

No comments: