Thursday, January 25, 2007

OH THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS (FINALLY) FRIGHTFUL

the "polish" winter has finally hit - and it's beautiful. the snow is covering everything and it's so pretty. inches of snow are sitting on the branches just outside my window and for once, i don't mind looking out there so much.

getting ready to head out to czestochowa to see my "niece" this weekend. very excited. it's been ages since i've held a newborn (well, she's a few months old) and i can't wait. can't wait to see sachin too. then it's off to krakow for the night. i may finally be getting a little better with this cold (i think i might have the sinus problems my father has - thanks dad...) and am beginning to look forward to two weeks of being in the student seat of the classroom and hopefully learning something that will help me when i get back to opole. well, that and hanging out with people that can understand my english (which basically consists of me saying "like", "ya know", "totally", "stuff" and "things" a lot).

had my observation last night. went well. of course it was a reading lesson so there's not much actual "teaching" involved in that. talked to lindsey last night which was really nice. i love talking to friends back home. people here are nice and we get along but i miss those people that know me inside out. thanks linds.

sent a package home yesterday. just some clothes and a few gifts for family members. it cost me 89 zloty - which in US dollars is maybe about $30 bucks but in the scheme of my 730 zloty a month pay, it's highway robbery.

No comments: