Friday, December 29, 2006

I JUST WANT EGGPLANT

Went to the shop to find some food for the rest of the week and saw some eggplant. Now, I've made the mistake before of not weighing and stickering my food and then getting up to the register and having to just leave it because I can't communicate anything. So this time, I was prepared. Only they had nothing to reference for a plu number, a picture, or even a price that I could attempt to tell the cashier. It's so odd not feeling comfortable enough to purchase a vegetable.

(Attempting to) work on my homework for master's while I dreamily look at master's programs in the states to get me certified to work in the school system when I get home. Thinking Chicago to stay with the whole Polish theme that is currently my life. I know they have some great kielbasa shops and that's key. (It means they probably have some good pierogie shops close by.)

Had some friends from the program come by yesterday. It's always nice to have some other English speakers visit. And to be encouraged that "the first year of teaching sucks" - it gives me hope.

No comments: