Wednesday, December 06, 2006

BREATHING A LITTLE EASIER

Breathing a little easier, despite my run-in with some Polish hoodlums last week. (I was walking down the street and these boys pretended to kick me. They were yelling what I know to be not very nice Polish words at me as well. Not a good day.)

So currently relaxing on the living room couch with my Brit homey, Rog. No, don't have wireless on my computer yet but I do have a cable running along the living room floor and into my other housemate's computer. So, hopefully by tomorrow for all you fellow Skypers, I'll have something to chat on.

This week is going fairly well. Not sure if it's the package of meat that my grandpa sent me last week (thank you dziadziu!) or the fact that we're giving tests out (less teaching!) this week that's making it that way. Hoping to go to Katowice to visit with my friend Jakob and see his band play. Just wish I made more money so I could buy a drink or two. I'll figure it out. I'm just trying to save money for presents for the family and food during my master's program in February. Oh, and for Christmas. My friend Carrie, a fellow teacher, and her friends will be traveling and have invited me along. Might have to dip into the American savings fund but think it'll be worth it. I'm hoping we'll be in Krakow and can find a nice church to celebrate in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Don't need to buy Xmas presents... totally understandable with me. Alisha and I aren't doing gifts this year. Glad you're having a good week.

Love you

Amanda