Wednesday, December 20, 2006

ROUND-A-BOUT CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST

Getting ready for Christmas break and so excited for it. I do have a bunch of work to do for my master's program but besides that, just looking forward to doing nothing for a few weeks.

My Wednesday morning class took me to breakfast this morning. It was so awesome. One of my students was there to pick me up. Said he was tired cause his cousin came back from England last night so he was up drinking vodka last night. Said his breath wasn't "too fresh" this morning. Haha. Gotta love it. They split half a bottle and it was just a Tuesday night.

So they took me to this great little restaurant. It was totally next to this roundabout and attached to a gas station but it was so nice. Cloth napkins and leather menus, great coffee and an awesome Polish breakfast (2 kielbasa, onions, bread and butter, ham, a fried egg, slices of cheese and orange juice). So just some great conversation, tons of laughing (I love this class) and excellent food. At that moment, I was loving my "job".

Heading to Krakow on Friday to spend my Christmas break in the big city. Think we'll go to the Christmas market on Friday, possibly Aushwitz on Saturday and then Wigilia (Christmas Eve supper) at the hostel with mass at the main church in the square. Hoping to see the inside of Wawel Castle and hit some pubs/restaurants that my students suggested. Guess there's some traditional Polish alcohol that I have to have.

No comments: