Sunday, October 07, 2007

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE

So it took me a while but I finally got myself out of the flat, which did me a world of good. I went to the nearby galleria and bought myself some much needed supplies to tackle the next 6 months. This included a headset and webcam (creepy but it was actually cheaper to buy the combined set than the headset alone), a new hairdryer, a very chic winter coat, kapusta (why can’t I find the green kind??), a can of beer (yes, they sell it by the can), pierogies, a frying pan flipper, bath stuff, hangers, more food, and plastic wire so I can hang my clothes outside. I got home, tied on a bandanna, unpacked all my new supplies, and then attempted to tie up the line for my clothesline, nearly falling out my kitchen window and killing myself. I didn’t realize that the little window on the side opened as well and made it much easier to tie up the other side’s line. Decided I was over that before finishing it (I hadn’t really eaten yet today) and took a break for lunch. Tried some new stuff that the school had bought for me (a yogurt spread – just think dip without the flavoring) which actually wasn’t half bad. Gonna read a bit, maybe plan a lesson or two for Monday and then take a nap. I’m supposed to hear from my friend Marta about heading to Opole this weekend. I really need to see some familiar faces and I think going to my old town will do a lot of good as well. I’m also looking to move my Wednesday class to Tuesday and having that day free to do whatever I want; which should work out well. Last year, when I had a free morning, it was nice to be able to stay up late the night before and talk to people that I couldn’t normally talk to because of the time difference. And with Rzeszow only about 45 minutes away by train, I’m thinking it will be good to visit my great aunt for dinner once in a while, or head to the mountains for a hike (if it’s not absolutely freezing).

Oh, and I just realized I don’t have a stove.

No comments: