Wednesday, October 17, 2007

CZESTKO I KWIATY

Heading out in a few minutes to buy a cake and flowers for my great aunt. I'm so excited to meet her - I tell everyone about it, as though they care.

My back has been killing me for the past few days. For a few nights in there, I couldn't even sleep. I went to the apteka and got myself a ben-gay type cream and some aspirin with codeine (yep, over the counter). It helped a bit but not enough. I talked to my one on one student today and he suggested going to a masseuse - says he has a colleague that has a spa and I can go for 30 zl an hour (ummmmm....with the conversion, that's about $10 an hour - fabulous). I'm hoping to get in on Monday afternoon. I've never actually had a massage before; I just hope it helps. (Well, the least it'll do is relieve some stress.)

I'm also going hiking this weekend with my new "native speaking" friend from school (another teacher). We're hoping to just truck around the outskirts of town and maybe find this spot where you can see all of Debica (I'm thinking that it might be a bench in the city center - this town's fairly small). Anyhow, we've made a bunch of plans for the weekends to help keep us busy. I'm most looking forward to shopping trips so I can buy fun stuff for people back home. I know, so touristy.

No comments: