Saturday, April 14, 2007

THE THINGS THAT ROCK HAVE IT: 10-4


things that rocked yesterday
1. being able to snag a seat on the fart bus
2. laughing a ton over a beer with my students
3. the beautiful day that prevented me from wearing a coat
4. finally having an appointment with the neurologist and getting some medication
5. one my students asking me if i would be his teacher next year and then promising to be good if i came back.
6. my usual dinner of pierogie ruskie at wieczor stary (old night...i think)
7. the waitress actually smiling at me at wieczor stary (i believe that was the first time; i've been going there since october)
8. having my doctor's appointment finish early and getting enough time to run home for lunch
8. the medication i have no insurance for ending up being really cheap
10. having my awesome students (they're married and have been out due to just having a baby) finally come back to class

things that could've gone better
1. the stress that inevitably comes with the Friday 1:35 fart bus run
2. the feedback form from my morning business class (she wants more "discipline"...she's about 40 years old)
3. not realizing the medication i took before teaching class was a heavy-duty painkiller
4. the response from my kluczbork class when i told them about the summer program at naz

No comments: