Thursday, April 12, 2007

POLAND STILL GRAND

So Poland is going well, still. It's really weird for me to be missing one place but yet still enjoying another. I drive (well, okay, I have a crazy driver that loves the brake pedal) to Olesno every Thursday and bask in the fact that I can't speak to the driver. I love it. I just stare out the window and daydream. It's wonderful. I think it may be hereditary...my obsession with staring out windows and daydreaming. Thanks dad.

Been thinking about going to Prague during the May break, that is if the school still gives me Monday off. Also want to see Warsaw but everybody says it's not worth seeing. Guess it's pretty ugly.

Got a ton of new cds from my student today. I love swapping music. He's always calling me a "typical American" and laughing at my "energy". He thinks I need to exercise more so I'm not so "energetic". He loves it. But I'm trying to teach my students not to call me a typical woman or a typical American. I tell them I'm special, unique and different. They're learning.

Got a neurologist appointment tomorrow, finally. Maybe he'll do some x-rays and see if there's anything funky going on in there. That would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. Nobody in the states will even give me that much. Then again, Polish doctors are usually way more thorough, in my experience, than doctors back home.

No comments: