Sunday, April 29, 2007

FULFILLING MY HOROSCOPE

You could be overbooked and it's frustrating trying to be at your next appointment when you're not even finished with your last one. You might be tempted to just give up or delete your calendar and tasks from your computer, thinking you will do better without the external distractions. Even if you can't withdraw as much as you like, making time for yourself can help you cope with all that you must handle.

It's 4:34am and something has drastically changed in my life. At this time last year, I was working as a temp at Paychex, getting ready to change my life forever. I had taken my TEFL course and was just waiting for my first trip abroad. Now, I am about to go on my first vacation (okay, a mini-break) to the north of Poland. What is so special about this trip is that on my way home from Poland last June, I opened up the sky magazine and, unlike most people who open it, I picked out what I was going to see when I came back to Poland that following autumn. Gdansk.

So here I am, about to head out to a beautiful town, on the Baltic sea (I think...) and be alone and introspective (one of my most favorite hobbies!) and have a beer in an outside cafe and take pictures and walk and shop for gifts and buy an ice cream and walk and read and relax and take pictures and walk and see monuments and practice Polish and walk.

I can't wait.

No comments: