Tuesday, April 03, 2007

IS THAT A FUN HOLIDAY IN MY BUNNY'S BASKET?

I just noticed my profile picture makes me look like I'm wearing a neck brace. But at least a cool one. But I don't really care. This week is a glorious week. The class that I wasn't keen on teaching is over, I only have four more classes: one that we'll either watch a movie or just talk, another "make up" class from when I was sick (we're going bowling tonight), the same class tomorrow (we'll probably talk about bowling and then do a game I had planned), and then my teenagers tomorrow night. After that, the flat is all mine (Maja is going to Germany) and I can relax for two days before I head to Krakow on Saturday. The plan goes as follows: call my girl Heather on Wednesday or Thursday (it sounds simple but it's a treat), read and sit on the internet until Saturday, and then head out on the train to Krakow early Saturday morning. From there, I will shop for gifts for friends, family and me until 2:00 when my friend Peter gets out of work. From there, we'll head to Aushwitz (he's never been either). After that, we'll head to Opole where we'll spend the night and go to church Easter morning. Following that, I'll attempt an Easter dinner with the last ham that my dziadziu sent me a few months ago. Once we're finished, we'll hop in the car and head to the mountains where (hopefully!) we'll drink vodka with the mountain people and sing mountain people songs!

Also, I'm gonna try and celebrate wet Monday that day. I'm so filling up water bags and throwing them at the teenagers that hang out and smoke under the balcony of my flat. What an excellent tradition!

In addition to all this excitement, I went ahead and added to it by booking my flight home! I'm leaving from Warsaw on June 30th and will be home that Saturday night. I miss everyone tremendously and can't wait to see you all!

No comments: