Saturday, April 28, 2007

MIP IS CREEPING

Got my pre-course assignment email from only one of my professors yesterday and I'm already having problems breathing. Half-hour presentation on some aspect of education (this really isn't much interest to me anymore) and I'm dreading it. Have to read a book, write a six page paper and read to the class for ten minutes (any topic, could even be something we ourselves have written). I recognize that this master's program is not strenuous by any means but it's weird in that we don't go to school for a year and then we take classes randomly, for two weeks, twice a year. For this, I think it sucks. I love learning and expanding my mind but sometimes, it's tiring - especially if I haven't done it in 4 months. So this break, and then being thrown back into it, isn't the best method for my learning. Yesterday, my father was asking me about whether or not I would be working if I decided to actually tackle my PhD (as I have been saying I will) and I answered that I would probably be working as a teacher's assistant. But after much thought today, I really don't know if teaching is right for me. I mean, I have awesome students that make it one of the best jobs I could imagine, but then the other classes, are just getting so unbearably boring that I don't think I can handle it. And then on top of it, I know I'm not doing my job to the best of my ability but I don't seem to want to change it - and I know that can't be a good sign. But what if I'm just lazy? What if working in the states is completely different? What if working in a college would be the perfect fit but I won't be able to ever find out? I don't know. I guess I'm just freaking slightly about the whole two week semester when I really shouldn't. It'll be two weeks and then I'm done and can come home and see my friends and my family and just relax.

No comments: