Saturday, June 17, 2006

PLANE RIDE


Warsaw airport.

This blog was originally handwritten on my plane ride from JFK to Warsaw.

It's ironic - I'm on the airplane, eyes closed, waiting for my flight to take off and for the fist time in a long time, I feel a comfortable peace in my heart. And I mean this literally, like I take a breath in, and then out, and all of a sudden I recognize a calmness in the middle of my chest. Picturing meeting new people and old friends unfamiliar places, exploring and learning. This past couple months I've been nervous to this point but I couldn't understand it - I know this was something I've always wanted to do. And now I realize it's all the preparation that made me nervous. Now that I'm detached from all that and I'm finally on my way, I feel good.

No comments: