Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ONE HEAD-SHAVING WITH A SIDE OF CABBAGE PLEASE

What do I have to get at the hairdresser to not be charged an arm and a leg?

Seriously, the woman there is really nice but I think she thinks I'm loaded. This is the second time I went there and it was 50 freaking zloty (that's how much I charge for an hour private lesson) for an intensive hair mask and a blow dry. (I can't tell her that I don't need her to blow dry my hair! Besides, I think it's really weird to walk out without getting your hair "done"; I saw a guy put product in a five year old's hair today. For real.) On top of that, I'm not able to dye my hair back to its original color (I have successfully killed my hair) so I'm stuck with red hair and roots. Sucks. I never learn! So I'm thinking of shaving my head again, or going really, really short. And then seriously - no more all-over dying when it's grown out. I've had it.

Lately, in addition to my craving for normal hair, I've been craving my low-carb tuna pita with alfalfa and cucumbers. I can't wait. But then when I actually sit and think about it, getting the luxuries from home only means that I don't get the Polish food anymore. There's definitely some tastes that I've acquired since I've gotten here and I'm nervous I won't be able to duplicate them in the states. No more golambki, no more weird vegetarian pita from the train station that gives me horrible garlic breath and gas for three hours, no more vast variety of nalesnikis to choose from. What's a girl to do?

No comments: