Thursday, March 15, 2007

ELDERLY BIKINI BLUES

I afraid, that in the past 6 months, I've somehow become too old for a bikini.

I've been talking with a friend I met in Krakow, who lives in Italy, and thinking that I may go to the beaches for a vacation sometime in the future. So this morning, before getting dressed in my lovely teacher attire (jeans and my staple teacher turtleneck or grandma sweater), I tried my bikini on for size. I've been walking a ton and trying to eat less fatty foods (trying...) and was hoping that this would show in this morning's personal fashion show. For some reason, I wasn't convinced. I'm not really sure if it's my own perception of myself or if I've finally passed my personal age where a bikini is unacceptable. I guess I was inspired when the friend wrote, "pack your bikini, or swimsuit" in his email. Obviously, he doesn't think I'm too old; why do I?

So wish me luck. I'm about to write an email seeing if I can get a Monday off during the week we have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday already off. I've picked up some classes lately, and am one of the few teachers sticking around at this school (a Polish teacher actually asked me yesterday if I was planning on staying...and she meant just till the end of this year). It would be nice to see someplace other than Poland and the airport in Vienna.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

:) mmmm italy. that sounds delicious.

and ilona, you totally have a hot body... i trust that you will be tactful when wearing a bikini.

so... am i getting this straight, you're coming home THIS summer??? i thought this was a 2 year thing? or am i totally confused? hehe...