Thursday, March 08, 2007

HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY...FOR REAL!

I am SO sorry it's been so long. This computer is really driving me crazy. For some reason, the internet likes to be all funky and only hook up for short periods of time. Which is cool though - it keeps me from watching pointless stuff on youtube and gives me more time to spend on my latest obsession: reading. I love when I remember how cool reading and libraries are. Got my very own library card today. Of course it will mainly be used to borrow books in English but still...pretty neat. There's something about the feeling you get when you walk into the library...

Today is Women's Day. I must have been wished a Happy Women's Day by at least 5 men, and my private student even brought me a flower! It's so great. I don't think men in the states even know that there is such a day. It's amazing that I've seen more flowers from the shop, in women's hands, in the 6 months I've been in Poland than in my 27 years in the states.

No comments: