Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WHEW

I know it's been some time since I last wrote and this should be the time when I'm writing most - so many new things and new experiences. I'm trying to remember or write down the majority of things that happen so that I can at least tend to it when I have a minute to breathe. Funny thing is, I only work a few hours a day but seeing as I don't have internet in the apartment, moving pictures and such from my home computer is going to be a task that I'm just not looking forward to (and therefore, putting off).

Had a "eh" class and an awesome class yesterday. My pre-intermediate class (the one I was actually looking forward to) was so difficult. Like pulling teeth. One student (the class is 15-18 year olds) has no qualms about telling me that he doesn't want to be there and making it difficult for me to get him to speak any English at all. There's a challenge for me already. My class right after that is my CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) was so fun. They are (in my opinion) fluent speakers and so we just had fun talking and making jokes. I'm really excited about that class. At the end of October (not soon enough), we also have a conversation corner where we go to the local pub and drink and the students have a chance to speak comfortably with native speakers. (I think it's so weird that they call us "natives"; makes me feel like I'm from some aborigine group in the fields of Africa somewhere.) I'm getting slightly bored (despite my need to download pictures to this blog) and am starting to develop a strong itch to go meeting new people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have a class that'll remind you of why you're doing what you're doing. It'll keep you going. How are the other girls? You should be going out and meeting new people--I have no doubt that you'll be into that soon enough. Maybe by this weekend?! Leaving for NYC Friday night. Should be a fun time-nothing like being in a foreign european country-but fun nonetheless. Have you had a chance to check out the shopping there yet?
lumu
m