Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I HEART CONVO CLASSES

Conversation classes rock. No textbook and just vocab and talking. I think I'm in love with them. I have a business English class on Wednesday mornings that is particularly stellar at talking - and they love to talk. Last class we discussed qualities you find in a person and they used "abstinent." (I think they were talking about their boss.) Well, today I explained to them that the word abstinent is not only for drinking (as how they had previously used it) but many times, for abstaining from sex - which is how we use it more in America. They loved it. Calling each other abstinent and making jokes about how they weren't - they're just too much fun. Which is perfect at 7am when you're tired and don't really feel like doing much at all besides drinking the free coffee and chatting with fun Poles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) too funny