Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TIME AFTER TIME

I'll be fine once I get there but I think it's the initial first class that's giving me the freak-out right now. I got my schedule and read through it-it looks fine besides all those classes I have to teach. Ah well, I guess I have to do something while I'm over there. I'm going to try and dig up some teaching books and see if I can't brush up on my grammar. Thing is, I told them that I prefer adults and higher level classes and so that's all I pretty much got. Which is fine, aside from the proficiency class. The proficiency class at ILS scared the hell out of me. Nobody wanted to have it. Annwen had it for a while (and she's amazing) and they ate her alive. She hated it. Seems all the proficiency people in that class thought they already knew English and that there was nothing you could teach them. Well, my vocabulary is satisfactory but it's not at a proficiency level by any means - so you'll be able to smell my fear when you walk in that room. Well, best thing I can do is just give it my best shot and let my personality take hold; that's the only reason I made it through last year.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

so are you there? what's it like 2nd time around? was it hard leaving? it was SO nice seeing you, thanks for having us over. good to see your face again.

love!