Tuesday, September 04, 2007

REAL JOB YET? I THINK NOT.

Not even three months since my last entry. A lot can happen in not even three months. I came home, worked a great job, hung out with family and friends, thought that I wanted to stay home, thought that I wanted to go back, interviewed for a job in the states, interviewed for a job in Polska, and then ultimately put my mom in a bad mood this morning when I told her I bought my ticket last night and that it's final - I'm going back. (She wants me to get a real job, in Rochester.) I'm not as excited as I was before (is it possible that 7 months could feel longer than the 9 months I was there last time?) but know (kinda) that (I think) this is what I (think I) need to do.

So this is a picture I found on google of Debica, the new Polish residency I will inhabit for the next 7 months, beginning on September 26 (I fly out the 25th). I am accepting prayers for my sanity. It's going to be interesting but luckily, the director at this joint sounds much more sane than my last and I'll be an hour train ride from a great aunt that I'm very excited to meet. I have a lot to do before I leave (I forgot how much there is to get in order before you leave your life for nearly a year) - I'm hoping my family comes around in the next three weeks or this trip might end up feeling even longer than I was anticipating.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
commons.wikimedia.org

No comments: