Tuesday, September 11, 2007

FRIENDS IN LOW (AND EAST, AND WEST) PLACES

Dublin (which is my first choice - I think I'll want the break from speaking "proper" English), Budapest, Istanbul, Madrid...ahhh, the choices. With extremely welcoming (albeit new) friends living all over, it's fairly easy to pick and choose.

So even though this is going to be a little different trip from last time, I'm hoping that the one compensation I'll get is being able to travel more than I did last year. I'm a bit more of a veteran to the teaching gig (not too much though) and hope that I'll really get the salary that I was told I would be receiving. With both those factors, I'm hoping that I can get out of Debica during the holidays. I'll be wanting to spend the Christmas season with my great aunt but have checked out flights to Dublin for New Year's. For a mere 416 zl ($153), I can head out and visit my (according to facebook - so far non-visited) girl Nika. She absolutely loves it out there and I'm thinking I could deal with ringing in the new year there. Other than that, I'm itching to get to Istanbul and see the place. I had such an awesome time with all the students from Turkey that were in the international program here this summer that I can't imagine possibly having a bad time there. And there's a ton of people I could visit there.

Of course, if I don't get my work certificate in the mail soon, I'm not going anywhere.

No comments: