Thursday, June 14, 2007

ERRR...KIDS?

Had my interview in Krakow yesterday and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. First of all, she made me really nervous saying that she's not sure how good a fit the school is because most of the classes are kids. Well, she's right with that. And the money doesn't seem as good as I had thought - what with me paying 1000 zl a month for a flat (ridiculous as I could probably get one in Krakow for the same amount), 200 or so for my own health insurance, having to pay for my own training if I want it, and no free Polish classes. It's sounding a little less appealing than I had previously thought. So, I'm currently on the hunt, once again, for something in Rzeszow. I looked a little online last night when I got back (until about 1 am) and then started again at 5 am this morning when I woke up. So far, I think I've found one position. The thing is, I could take this job and then just cross my fingers that 1. I like it or 2. I find something else when I get there but I feel bad having the school do all the work and paperwork (let alone pay for my visa) when I'm most likely gonna find something else when I get there. But my friend Peter (he's Polish) says that in Poland, with work, it's every man for himself. You can't think about the employer at all because the employer doesn't think about you. I hate bad karma though.

PROS
  • they pay hourly (which can also be bad during holidays)
  • only twenty hours a week
  • it's near my family
  • natives don't teach grammar
  • I get my own copy of textbooks, teacher's books, tapes and workbooks

CONS

  • they pay hourly
  • it's kids
  • surprise observations
  • I'd have to pay for my own health insurance
  • 1000 zl a month for the flat
  • I'd have to pay for September's rent even though I wouldn't be there
  • no Polish classes
  • I'd have to pay for my own training if I wanted it

Back to the job hunt.

No comments: