Friday, August 24, 2012

RZESZOW

What a trip! I finally landed in Poland yesterday, after about 17 hours of traveling. Almost didn't make my flight from Frankfurt to Rzeszow - thankfully a concerned Pole saw me passed out on my suitcase and woke me up just before last call. My (2nd) cousin Eric picked me up from the airport in Rzeszow and I was off to Ola's (Leska's...it seems she hasn't been called that since a child though) and stuffed with pierogi. (Yes, I've been spelling pierogie wrong this entire time..)

Completely stuffed, I made my way outside to spend time with Ola and Adrian, my 7 year old (3rd) cousin. Played way too much soccer for someone who's only slept 4 hours but I couldn't help it - he hates to even look at me (I think my English speaking scares him) but couldn't help but smile while we played. Spent today shopping for myself and hanging out with Eric, Adrian and Eric's wife, Ewelina. Again, ate way too much food and spoke terrible Polish the entire time.

Came back to Ola's to be greeted by another (2nd) cousin, Jadzia. Was pretty proud of myself when Ola said my Polish is somehow better now than it was 3 years ago..that is until I tried to communicate with Jadzia and she didn't understand anything I said.



"maliny" from Ola's garden
Adrian and some serious raspberry picking
Ola's house..where the best raspberry compote is made
Jadzia (and me, after a really long day of shopping...)
 

1 comment:

Alicja Vintage said...

Hey Pierogi Princess! Keep up the blog it's great to hear your adventures. And what a surprise that after 17 hours of travelling you had to go shopping. :)