Tuesday, November 21, 2006

DRY THESE GREAT IDEAS

Since my first day in Poland, I have been (nerdily) noting all that is different from what I've known in the western world. I have been (trying) to take pictures for all of you and will soon (hopefully) be posting these a little more often as I hope to get internet at the flat in the beginning of December.

I love, love, love these drying racks. I hate clutter so obviously, the dish rack (hidden in a cupboard above the sink-brilliant) is totally awesome. At first we thought it was to store the dishes until we saw that there was a little water tray at the bottom. Awesome.
In the shower, a similar experience. See the little bars across the ceiling of the shower? Those are what I find to be one of the greatest inventions. They're little drying racks that you can pull down (see the little strings to the left of the picture - behind the shower head?) and hang your clothes on after you've washed them.

Sometimes I love Europe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oohhh--- the dish drying rack is a new one for me, that's TOTALLY cool. but i remember that trying rack in the shower from sweden and i remember loving that. europeans make so much sense.

hope all is well girly. i miss you.