Saturday, August 05, 2006

THAT'S THE TICKET

I'm waiting to hear back from the school I'll be teaching at in Opole. They finally got my paperwork in the mail and are starting the process for my VISA. I'm getting really anxious. Excited and nervous. I try not to think about the actual teaching. It's been a while and I know it's gonna take me some time to get comfortable. I'm trying to remember that failure is a part of success and I'm most likely gonna make a fool of myself more than once in front of my students. I just hope they're respectful, want to learn and are excited about the lessons. I was really lucky with my students in Denver. They all really liked being there and learning and that was awesome. But again, I'm waiting to hear back from the school to see how early I can move into my apartment. I'd like to buy my plane ticket this week so I can really look at my finances.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

live and learn girl... making mistakes is part of it. i can understand being nervous though, i look at what you're doing with awe. it's a really great thing, and i feel really lucky that i've seen the whole process from when you 1st talked about teaching and poland to now when you're about to leave to go DO it. it's cool stuff.

i hope meeting the english boy was fun the other night.

love you.